Call Recorder Pro: license information.
Call Recorder Pro (starting from ver 6.6) will no longer be updated by new functionality but will be working like a license activator to enable premium features for standard Free version.
It still will be working as before, but without new features. So it is recommended to install standard free version and restore your license there. More information is here.
If you can’t restore license in standard version, please, do following:
1. Uninstall the Pro version and install it again from google play.
2. Run the Pro version and allow all permissions.
3. Open Standard Free version and go to Upgrade to Premium menu.
4. Then tap on “Restore license”. After that it will have to be updated to Premium.
Call Recorder records calls randomly or does not record any.
Android 6.0 and later versions have a Battery Optimization function. To decrease battery consumption system can add the CallRecorder into the deactivated state and it looks like app records randomly or does not record any calls.
The problem can be resolved by changing Battery Optimization related settings in your phone. The location of the Settings depends on the phone Model:
Common Android phones:
- Go to Phone Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization screen, set Call Recorder to “Not Optimized”.
Huawei phones it can be:
- Go to Phone Settings > Power Saving > Protected Apps screen, set Call Recorder to “Protected App”.
- or Go to Phone Settings > Phone Manager > Protected Apps screen, set Call Recorder to “Protected App”.
- or Go to Phone Settings > Apps > Advanced > Ignore Optimizations screen, set Call Recorder to “Ignore Optimizations”.
- Go to Phone Settings > Power > Battery Optimization screen, set Call Recorder to “Don’t Optimize”.
- Go to Phone Settings > Smart Manager > Battery > App Optimization > Detail screen, set Call Recorder to “Disabled”.
Also some third-party apps are very powerful that can prevent other apps working, such as Clean Master, App Manager, Task Manager, Battery Optimizer, Greenify, Privacy Guard, etc. These apps prevent Call Recorder working, as a result some of your calls will not be recorded. Please don’t allow them block Call Recorder doing it’s job, usually you need to add Call Recorder into their “White List” or uninstall.
Call Recorder does not record long calls
It is usually happened for the devices with low RAM memory where the Android system kills recording service because of not enough memory.
Go to the app Settings -> Notifications and enable:
- Enable notifications = ON
- Recording notification (show notification during recording) = ON
Recording service now should not be killed by the system.
The other reason can be not enough storage memory in the phone.
Where are recordings stored?
There are few options where recorded files can be stored and depending on app Storage settings:
1. If checkbox “Allow to write to removable SD card” is not checked then files are stored in <path from dropdown> + /CallRecorder/
2. If checkbox “Allow to write to removable SD card” is checked then files are stored in <path from dropdown> + /Android/data/polis.app.callrecorder/files/CallRecorder/
- /storage/8765-4321/Android/data/polis.app.callrecorder/files/CallRecorder/ (where 8765-4321 – is id of SD card)
How can I play back recorded files on my PC?
There is a codec library that can be installed to be able to play recordings in you PC or laptop. Please, download and install it.
“I lost my phone” or “Phone had a factory reset” or “I deleted some recordings”. Is it possible to restore the recordings?
All the recordings are stored only in the phone. There is not any cloud storage or similar. So if recoding was deleted it can’t be restored by us.
How can I delete the recordings?
Please, tap on contact image to select the recordings and then tap on delete icon in top bar. During next 10 sec you are able to UNDO deleting. After that they will be deleted permanently and it will not be possible to restore them via the application.