Having a recording problem?
1. Uninstall and install the app again from google play store here (do not use the app from the other sources/markets/stores as it will not record the opponent voice). It will make sure you have the latest app version and reset the app to default setting that are different depending on a phone model and have to work for most of the devices by default after installing.
2. Make sure you don’t use any other call recorder app as all they are conflicting to each other.
If “OK Google” app is enabled in your phone. The microphone is occupied by “OK Google”, it is picking up sound from the microphone to recognize your “voice command”, this blocks Call Recorder working.
Please disable the “Settings > Google > Search > Voice > OK Google detection > From any screen” option in your phone.
3. WiFi calling is not supported. For most phones it does not possible to record wifi calls. So, please, turn it off in the phone settings to make sure all your phone calls will be recorded.
4. Android 6.0 and later versions have a Battery Optimization function. To decrease battery consumption system can add the Call Recorder into the deactivated state and it looks like app records randomly or does not record any calls. The problem can be resolved by changing Battery Optimization related settings in your phone. The location of the Settings depends on the phone Model:
Common Android phones:
- Go to Phone Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization screen, set Call Recorder to “Not Optimized”.
Huawei phones it can be:
- Go to Phone Settings > Power Saving > Protected Apps screen, set Call Recorder to “Protected App”.
- or Go to Phone Settings > Phone Manager > Protected Apps screen, set Call Recorder to “Protected App”.
- or Go to Phone Settings > Apps > Advanced > Ignore Optimization screen, set Call Recorder to “Ignore Optimization”.
- Go to Phone Settings > Power > Battery Optimization screen, set Call Recorder to “Don’t Optimize”.
- Go to Phone Settings > Smart Manager > Battery > App Optimization > Detail screen, set Call Recorder to “Disabled”.
5. Some third-party apps are very powerful that can prevent other apps working, such as Clean Master, App Manager, Task Manager, Battery Optimizer, Greenify, Privacy Guard, etc. These apps prevent Call Recorder working, as a result some of your calls will not be recorded. Please don’t allow them block Call Recorder doing it’s job, usually you need to add Call Recorder into their “White List” or uninstall.
6. Android system can stop recording service because of not enough RAM memory in the device. If app does not records a long calls, please, change app Settings: Notifications settings -> Recording notification (show notification during recording) = ON. Recording service now should not be stoped by the system.
7. If you “Force Stop” Call Recorder in the phone “Settings > Apps” screen, this tells Android that “I don’t want Call Recorder to run”, thereafter Android will no longer allow Call Recorder running and all your calls will no longer be recorded. Next time when you open Call Recorder, system knows you want it to run again, thereafter Android will allow Call Recorder running, all your calls will be recorded again. For this reason please don’t “Force Stop” Call Recorder app.
When you clean resent apps – for some phones like Oppo or Huawei it is the same as “Force Stop” the app. So, please do not clean the recent app.
8. Make sure you have enough storage memory in the phone.
9. Change the app Settings by using list of supported devices and workable configurations for them that will be updating here.
If your phone is not in the list: please, try all of the following configurations to find what is the most suitable Settings for your device:
- Recording Method = Audio, AudioSource = Communication
- Recording Method = Audio, AudioSource = PhoneLine
- Recording Method = Audio, AudioSource = Microphone
- Recording Method = Media, AudioSource = Communication
- Recording Method = Media, AudioSource = PhoneLine
- Recording Method = Media, AudioSource = Microphone
10. There are still some phones that do not support recording from phone line (all google devices and some others). For such phones it is possible to record by setting Audio source = Microphone in app settings and then choosing speaker ON mode during the conversation.